I’m a longtime Adele fan. But when she demanded a do-over LIVE on-air (and dropped a few F bombs!) at the Grammys, I completely fangirled out. She was not about to deliver anything but perfection for her friend George Michael.
And while I’m paying homage, I’ll bow down to Michael Ashton, too. He’s the artist we can credit for Adele’s glowing skin and signature cat eye tonight.
Before Ashton even applied color, he primed her face with Ole Henriksen skincare products. First he let a few dots of Ultimate Lift eye crème absorb under her eyes. Then he mixed a few pumps of Pure Truth Vitamin C Youth Activating Oil with a bit of Nurture Me crème and thoroughly worked it into her skin, blending outwards from the center of her face.
Ashton used the following Marc Jacobs Beauty products to create Adele’s gorgeous Grammy look.
- Under(cover) Perfecting Coconut face primer (warmed up in hands first, then pressed into skin)
- Genius Gel Super-charged oil-free foundation 26 bisque medium
- Remedy concealer pen in 2 wake-up call (under eye, t-zone & high plane areas)
- #instamarc Light Filtering Contour Powder in dream filter 20 (under cheek bones, around hair line)
- Brow Wow defining longwear eyebrow pencil in taupe 2 and ashbrown 4
- Brow Tamer grooming gel
- Twinkle Pop Stick eyeshadow in volver 402 (lid)
- Style Eye Con no 7 plush eyeshadow palette in the lolita 206 (contours)
- Magic Marc’er precision pen waterproof liquid eyeliner in blacquer (starting at inner corner and thickening as line extends outward to a fanned cat eye)
- Velvet Noir major volume mascara (top and bottom lashes)
- Le Marc Liquid lip crème in slow burn 458 and fawn over me 452 (blot and clean up edges before applying second coat)
To set the look and give it extra vitamin-packed staying power, Ashton added a light mist of Ole Henriksen Nurture Me facial water to Adele’s entire face. And it worked. It ALL worked! Shop Ole Henriksen and Marc Jacobs Beauty on their respective sites or Sephora.
Congrats to Adele for 5 huge Grammy wins!
Next: I’m after what products are used on Bruno Mars. His skin always looks flawless. Or maybe he’s born with it…
Millions of us watched Lady Gaga soar into her much anticipated Super Bowl halftime performance yesterday. She dazzled with patriotic colors, drone-style stars, Versace wardrobe, and vocals that only she could belt out.
Gaga’s makeup was done by artist Sarah Tanno for Marc Jacobs Beauty. Tanno wanted to create a timeless look for her. Not unlike past looks – just taken up a notch. Here’s a breakdown of all the Marc Jacobs Beauty products Tanno used on Gaga:
- Under(cover) perfecting coconut face primer
- Re(marc)able full cover concealer in 3 young & 7 bright
- Genius gel super-charged oil-free foundation in 44 golden medium
- Remedy concealer pen in 6 after hours
- Perfection powder – featherweight foundation in 360 golden
CHEEK BONES & FOREHEAD
- #instamarc light filtering contour powder in dream filter 20
- Air blush soft glow duo in 500 lush & libido
- Twinkle pop stick eyeshadow in au revoir 406 (a pewter shimmer base)
- Highliner gel eye crayon eyeliner in blacquer 42 & violet femme 82
- About last night style eye con no 20 eyeshadow palette
- Style eye con no 7 plush eyeshadow palette in the tease 202 & the lover 220
- Magic marc’er precision pen waterproof liquid eyeliner in blacquer (for cat eye)
- Highliner matte gel eye crayon eyeliner in pink of me 59 (in waterline)
- Velvet noir major volume mascara (top lashes)
- Feather noir ultra-skinny lash discovering mascara (bottom lashes)
- Brow wow defining longwear eyebrow pencil in dark brown 8
- Brow tamer grooming gel
- Lip lock moisture balm (base)
- Le marc lip crème lipstick in dashing 206
- Enamored hi-shine gloss lip lacquer lipgloss in 332 hot hot hot
Wanna get Gaga’s Super Bowl look? Shop Sephora, Neiman Marcus, Bergdorf Goodman, or marcjacobsbeauty.com.
Congrats to the New England Patriots!
💋NEW Instagram! @cityofglossangeles
Marc Jacobs beauty is hosting their first-ever Friends & Family sale event! So take a break from the CNN and HuffPo election reads, and head over to marcjacobsbeauty.com for a stress-free, non-accusatory, plain ol’ fun shopping experience.
Shop now through November 10th at marcjacobsbeauty.com and get 20% off of all your favorites, like liquid eyeliner, airblush soft glow duo, and even online exclusives. Shop soon, as it’s a limited-time event and use code mjbfam. You’rrrre welcome. #marcjacobsbeauty
Event Disclaimers: To receive 20% off any order in the U.S., add any merchandise to your shopping bag, enter code mjbfam at checkout and the prices will be adjusted on qualifying orders. offer valid through 11:59 p.m. pt on thursday, november 10, 2016 or when supplies run out. this offer may not be combined with any other offers except the site wide free standard shipping offer at $50, after all discounts. this offer is not redeemable for cash, credit, nor are they valid toward previous purchases. we reserve the right to cancel any order due to unauthorized, altered or ineligible use of this offer and to modify or cancel this offer due to system error or unforeseen problems. subject to change without notice.
Woo hoo, I’m doing sassy high kicks! Sephora is celebrating its Grand Opening at The Grove today.
Yes, I actually do get excited for every one of their new stores… as with each Sephora comes a slightly different personalty that still maintains all the comfort of my favorite staple beauty products.
And when I see those seven shiny black letters on a storefront outside my normal stomping grounds [insert angels singing here], it’s even more comforting. Judge if you want, but Sephora really does feel like the Mother Ship sometimes.
Anyway, personal ramblings aside, The Grove location offers free (yes FREE!) beauty classes and has a special IQ Technology that helps you find your perfect foundation and lip shades. Also check out the back of the store for a new kind of skincare experience. Cough Lancer Skincare cough cough.
Sephora at The Grove | 189 The Grove Drive | Los Angeles, 90036